- Step 1: Weigh out 26 grams of whole bean coffee. We always recommend using 25 grams of coffee for 400 grams of water. This will give you a 1:16 ratio and is the perfect amount to fill a 12 oz cup.
- Step 2: Grind your beans. For the Clever, you will want to grind as you would for drip.
- Step 3: Place your Clever on your scale.
- Step 4: Add ground coffee and tare the scale to zero.
- Step 5: Fill your water kettle with hot water; preferably 196 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 6: Add 50 grams of water for your bloom and let sit for roughly 30 seconds.
- Step 7: Stir your bloom and the slowly add water until you reach 400 grams on the scale. Give it one more gentle stir and then place the lid on top.
- Step 8: Hit start on your timer which should be set to 3:00.
- Step 9: Once the timer goes off, set the clever on top of your cup and get a gentle stir.
- Step 10: Once the Clever has fully drained, remove it from the cup and dispose of the filter and coffee. Now enjoy the simplest cup of coffee you have ever made.
Get started with Black Drop Coffee!
Call us today at