- Step 1: Weigh out 21 grams of whole bean coffee.
- Step 2: Grind coffee to an espresso grind. (Very fine.)
- Step 3: Place your moka pot’s metal basket filter in the bottom compartment.
- Step 4: Pour your ground coffee into the basket and distribute evenly as you would espresso. With your finger, gently move the coffee from north to south, and then east to west. You want a level surface in the basket when you are finished.
- Step 5: Screw the top part of the moka pot into place. Remember! The bottom part is hot because of the water inside of it. We recommend you use a towel for this part.
- Step 6: Place the moka pot on the stove over a medium heat with the lid open so you can see what’s happening on the inside.
- Step 7: Once the water in the bottom reaches a boil, it will push the coffee into the top chamber.
- Step 8: Pour your brewed coffee into a cup and enjoy. Remember; like the syphon, this coffee just came off of a boil, so it is extremely hot. We recommend you give it a few minutes before enjoying it. You can’t taste amazing coffee with a burnt tongue…
- Tip: If the water shoots up from the bottom really quick, then that is an indicator that you have your heat too high. Simply turn it down and remember for the next time. If you hear a gurgling sound and no liquid rises, then your heat is too low.
Get started with Black Drop Coffee!
Call us today at